Hiring is hard because you don’t do it so often. Yet the impact of a bad or a good hire can be either disastrous or miraculous.
Here’s 6 of my favourites:
- Hiring Religion by Paul English
- Paul is the co-founder of Kayak. This article is a short bible everyone hiring should keep at hand. He gives advice about recruiters, tools, the interview process, the hiring criteria, the close of candidates and how they should be welcome when they visit. Read it.
- Building Teams: Why I Hire People, Not Skills
- Dave Cancel of Performable lists his own criteria: (in order) Cultural fit, scrapiness and drive and then intelligence and experience.
- How to Find and Hire Amazing People, Part 2
- The CTO of Xobni explains his process once he has identified great prospects. Great to read a couple days before the interviews.
- How Do You Avoid Hiring The Wrong People? By Robert Scoble
- Robert Scoble summarizes all the conversation he’s had with founders on how they’ve built their team.
- Everyone sucks at interviewing. Everyone.
- Jason Freedman explains why he never interviews and why that works.
- Why Hiring Is Like Playing Blackjack, And 3 Rules To Increase Your Odds of Success
Do you have some great posts you’d like to share? Add them in the comments.